When I saw that the latest Power House Creatives weekly contest (put together by @zord189) involved the app I love to hate, I knew I had to enter! The details of it are in the post PowerHouseCreatives Contest | The Most Dangerous Writing Contest (Contest Details), but here’s the gist of it…
The Most Dangerous Writing Contest
This week’s contest would be a heck load of fun because you will be pushed to your wits and creativity. You would need to think on your toes and churn out spontaneous yet sensible sentences. I’ve seen many have fallen to this app and have chose to never write again….Muahahahha, I present to you ‘The Most Dangerous Writing Contest’.
Why is this the most dangerous writing contest? Here’s a tip, the words will disappear if you stop writing for too long. Now, you will be given a few writing prompts to choose from and begin writing from there. Choose wisely… Will you survive?
Writing Prompts (Select 1):
1. Think of your favorite food. Try to make it sound as disgusting as possible.
2. Now send your character to his or her grumpy grandmother’s house for a visit. Write the scene of your character’s arrival.
3. Try to convince your reader that the mythological creature of your choice exists.
4. Cross an item off your bucket list by doing it in your writing.
5. Finish a story with the line, “Nothing ever felt easier to say.”
1. Head over to https://www.themostdangerouswritingapp.com/
2. Set your time limit to 5 minutes to write.
3. You are not allowed to edit your post after the time is up (Grammars, sentence structures). Be honest! however, u can try more than once.
4. You are ONLY allow to add photos/illustrations after the time is up.
5. If you think this is too easy, you are allowed to set above 5 minutes duration and use ‘hardcore’ mode.
6. Are you up for the challenge? Have fun!~ :B
And because having just one story prompt to work with wasn’t enough, I decided to also scroll through @mariannewest‘s amazeballs post of single prompt options from yesterday, and decided to combine #5 from above with, “a curse.”
Funny thing, though – of all the random thoughts that raced through my brain as to how to incorporate the two, in the end it turned out different than I thought. Guess that’s what happens when I let my muse drive. 😂
So without further ado, here is my result –
All in a Day’s Work
“So, I get to my job, and I’m thinking it’s going to be an easy in and out, two seconds tops. Should’ve know better, right?
I walk up to my target and tap her on the shoulder, and as politely as possible, say, ‘Excuse me, ma’am…’
Jeez Louise, you’d have thought I called her every ugly name in the book, given the look on her face!
“Ma’am? I am not a ma’am you idiot! Do you have any idea who I am? How did you even get in here, with your off the rack clothes and your single digit IQ? I should call security right now and have you thrown out of this office! I can’t believe the dregs of life that are allowed to come in here and think they can just waltz up to me and treat me like I’m some ordinary woma or something.”
I took a slow, calming breath just like the boss says to do, and tried to calme her down a bit.
“I’m so sorry, but I have a message to deliver and I wasn’t thinking clearly. A curse on my bad manners – please forgive my blunder, and I will do my best not to repeat it in the future.”
She didn’t look much happier, but at least she wasn’t frothing at the mouth any more. “Fine, what is your message?”
I smiled and said, “Go to hell.”
The floor underneath her opened up (although I was the only one who could see it), and the look on her face was priceless as she realized what was happening. I knew I had to share this one with everyone in the office around the water cooler on Monday – this might even make me Grim Reaper of the Month! My message was short, sweet, and to the point – in fact, nothing ever felt easier to say.
And while it’s not required, here are the screenshots of my work –
Thanks so much,
evil @zord189 for coming up with such wicked awesomesauce contests! 😊
Thanks for stopping by!
My posts may occasionally contain affiliate links. If you click through,
I might get a wicked small commission, with no extra cost to you.
All words and images are mine (unless otherwise indicated),
and can sometimes also be found on my various social media sites.
one billion many homes on the interwebz.
Here are a few…
- Smoke Blog ~ Traci York
- Steemit Blog ~ Traci York
- WordPress Blog ~ Traci York
- Facebook ~ Traci Cavanaugh York
- Facebook Page ~ Traci York, Writer
- Instagram ~ traciyork_aka_internetg33k
- Pinterest ~ Traci York, Writer
- Twitter ~ @TraciYorkWriter
- My Weku Blog ~ Traci York
- YouTube ~ InternetGeek
- Ello ~ @traciyork
On the Steemit blogging site,
I am a proud member
of these awesomesauce communities